Sunday, December 25, 2011

To or Not To?

Ever reach that point in life where you get an idea or inspiration that you would like to run with, but the rational side of your brain says "No, no, no that won't work." Perhaps your inner monologue doesn't happen like that. Maybe the rational side of you isn't such a party pooper, but mine is. It is not a fan of giant leaps, potential failures, or going outside its comfort zone. To you that might seem sad, to me, it's been my life. I tend not to try things I won't succeed at. I usually play it somewhat safe. I make calculated decisions (If you know me you might not agree with all this, but note, before making any decisions I process internally, and once I decide yes- I do leap forward. Only after careful calculating it all though.)

So, enough with prefacing my lack of a free spirit. It has come to my attention that I am in need of jumping. Leaping out. Trying something new. It helps a friend and fellow food/craft/etc junkie of mine jokingly said that we should start a blog. Immediately I said back, "we should." And I was serious. We have breakfast together every Friday morning and try new recipes. And when we aren't together, we are texting pics of ideas of crafts or things to bake and cook. We have tons of crafty and food savvy friends. We SHOULD blog about our life. And lucky for me, my wonderful (and I must mention handsome) husband COMPLETELY supports this wacky idea.

If you know me, you know I am TERRIBLE at keeping up with blogging. I love blogs. Love to read them. I have ideas of stuff to share, but like journaling, I am too lazy to normally get around to it. Hopefully having a co-conspirator will be motivating.

And yes, I get that this isn't something that is life changing. I am not leaving my job. I am not moving to another country. BUT it is big for me. I don't share my creations (other than on Instagram, but that is because it can make anything look cool). And I am not sure that I (well, WE actually) will have anything that anyone wants to read (lovely insecurities). But I still thinks it's worth it.

So here's to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment