Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Ten Things I've Learned Since Being Engaged....




Everything in life deserves a "10 things...." list. Engagement is no different. It too, deserves a list of things learned. Granted I have been engaged for just short of two weeks, but I have already learned more than I did my freshman year of college (jk... I learned a lot then too)

1. Getting used to wearing a ring takes almost no time. And when I don't have it on.... my finger feels lonely!
2. Once you become engaged, you somehow become needier
3. When it comes to wedding planning, you have a choice to make: it can either be the most stressful time of your life.... or you can enjoy it! If marriage represents our relationship with Christ, then nothing about the ceremony should stress me out. Starting a relationship with Christ was the most freeing thing I did. I want this to be too.
4. Boys have no idea when it comes to weddings, cost, flowers, timing, dresses, food, etc, etc, etc
5. My incredible fiance is willing to listen to EVERYTHING about weddings, cost, flowers, timing, dresses, food, etc etc etc
6.If you tell God that you want the wedding and ceremony to be what He wants it to be- be prepared for whatever he asks you to do!
7. Just because it is the norm to have a big extravagant wedding, doesn't mean that a smaller beach wedding isn't more of YOUR style. Find what makes YOU happiest- and do that.
8. Everyone has some advice to give you about wedding planning.
9. It pays to have talented friends like I do. So many wonderful people in my life will get to share in many parts of this occasion in my life- from the planning to the reception- my friends have talents that will contribute to this being one of the most amazing days in my life!
10. The most important part is not the ceremony, the reception, or even the dress- it is about marrying your best friend, and being more of the person God created you to be because of them.

1 comment:

  1. Most of the points you got there is true. Newest follower, and maybe you'll visit me one day.





    ♥ thebookness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete